Rock Chip Repair in Langley, BC
The Leaders in Windshield Repair
PayLess Glass has a storied history of delivering outstanding customer service to customers throughout Langley, BC. Rock chip repair is one of our specialties. Our technicians have over 40 years of combined experience and knowledge, and we ensure they achieve government certification. In addition, our team consistently adheres to Canadian motor vehicles standards, ensuring your peace of mind. Whether the chip on your window is causing vision impairment or not, you should always bring your vehicle to see us. We’ll repair the issue and get you back on the road.
What Factors Impact Rock Chip Repair?
You should always repair any damage to your windshield. How urgently you should treat the situation depends on various factors. You can call us when you notice a problem, and our mobile team (fees apply) or you can drive to your shop, and we can take a look. Keep an eye out for the following factors.
- Size and Depth: Whether we can repair a rock chip depends on its size. Rock chip repair is generally possible if the chip is smaller than three inches. You don’t need a ruler – three inches is roughly the size of your thumb. If it’s close, we recommend visiting our location.
- Type of Crack: We can repair a range of cracks – some quicker than others. Common cracks into short radial cracks, circular cracks, single cracks or dings, and pits. Pits are the easiest to repair because it happens when a small piece of glass is missing.
- Location: You should repair your windshield if the rock chip is in a location that hinders your ability to see the road clearly. More importantly, cracks, chips, and other damage found on the edges of your windshield will require a replacement rather than a repair.
Why You Should Seek Out Rock Chip Repair Immediately
While the chip on your windshield might seem minor, that doesn’t mean you should ignore it. There are several reasons why seeking our help is the right move. Our repair process is quick, easy, and affordable. Plus, we work directly with your insurance company on your behalf, making the entire experience as straightforward as possible. There are numerous reasons why you should contact us today for windshield repair:
- It Can Get Worse: That chip might seem minor now, but it can and will worsen over time. It is much cheaper to repair a small crack than to replace an entire windshield, so we cannot recommend quick action enough.
- It is Safer: Any crack or bullseye – regardless of size – can weaken your windshield’s structural integrity. While it won’t collapse while you are driving, it could be more likely to suffer damage during a collision pending on the size and location of crack its self.
- Visibility Issues: Even the most minor cracks can cause visibility issues. For instance, if moisture enters the crack, it can cause fogging. We recommend visiting our experts immediately to avoid dangerous vision issues.
How Long Does Rock Chip Repair Take?
We understand how busy you are. Fortunately, we also know how to perform rock chip repair quickly. Depending on the size and location of the chip, we can finish in under thirty minutes. Larger chips might require us to work for closer to an hour. We need to clean the area, use an adhesive to bond the glass in place, and inject resin into the chip to fill the void. Lastly, we cure it with ultraviolet light. We will let you know if we need to perform more than one treatment.
Contact PayLess Glass Today
You will often not have to pay for rock chip repair. Because it is a minor fix, your insurance will likely cover the entirety of it. We will use your insurance card to do all the hard work on your behalf, ensuring you get the best deal possible. Our commitment to your happiness is a major reason Langley, BC trusts us to do the job. Contact us today for more information.