Windshield Repair in Langley, BC
You were driving home from work, minding your own business, when suddenly, a passing truck kicked up a piece of pea gravel that smacked right into your windshield. Before you start imagining worst-case scenarios, let the professionals at PayLess Glass inspect your windshield. If the damaged area is small enough, or not in the driver’s direct line of sight, there’s a good chance that a simple, quick windshield repair will keep your windshield structurally intact for years to come, with minimal impact on your budget. Call our team in Langley, BC, for a free quote on fixing your windshield. You may even qualify to have your repairs covered by your auto insurance!
Common Causes of Windshield Damage
It’s said that “forewarned is forearmed.” That adage can also be applied to automotive windshields. While some auto glass damage can’t be helped, other common causes of windshield damage can certainly be avoided. In our experience at PayLess Glass in Langley, BC, these are the most frequent offenders:
- Auto accidents: damage varies according to the nature and severity of the incident
- Temperature extremes: heat causes auto glass to expand, while cold causes it to contract
- Storms: hail storms can cause cracking or pitting in automotive windshields, while wind storms can inflict damage due to flying debris
- Speeding: rapid changes in outside pressure resulting from driving at very high speeds, then suddenly slowing down, can result in stress fractures in your windshield
- Low quality windshields: if a previous windshield replacement was done using inexpensive or substandard materials, your windshield won’t last as long as it should
- Shoddy installation: like cheap windshields, installation by an unlicensed technician or an inexperienced do-it-yourselfer can be a recipe for disaster
So, drive safely, obey the speed limit, keep your vehicle in a garage or other protected area, and whenever you need windshield repair or replacement, let trusted professionals like those at PayLess Glass take care of your vehicle, and of you!
Time is Money—Windshield Repair Saves You Both
When you get a rock chip or star on your windshield, you may be tempted to just ignore it. By doing so, you could be risking the safety of you and your family, not to mention, risking the need for an expensive windshield replacement down the road. At PayLess Glass, we don’t mind telling you that windshield repair is always preferable to replacement. Why? We’re glad you asked!
- It’s faster: repairing a rock chip, star, or small bullseye usually takes just a few minutes
- You might not have to pay anything: if your auto insurance policy includes auto glass damage coverage, your windshield repairs may be covered
- It’s safer: your windshield accounts for 30% of your vehicle’s structural integrity; fixing a damaged windshield gives you back that protection
- Repair first, replace only if needed: we’ll do everything humanly possible to repair your windshield before we recommend replacement
- It’s proactive: large cracks in automotive windshields usually start off as small chips or dings; windshield repair keeps the damage from spreading
- Products and workmanship guaranteed: your windshield repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own your vehicle
- Trained technicians: PayLess Glass only employs government-certified auto glass technicians who follow Canadian Motor Vehicles Safety Standards to the letter
Call today for a free quote in Langley, BC!
“No reason to go anywhere else!” – Ian W., Yelp